Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are the main outlines of the agreement with Emerald Publishing group?
Open Access publishing on voucher basis
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 2021 quotum that the VSNU consortium has agreed with publishers Springer Nature and Emerald will probably be reached by the end of October. From that moment, until the end of 2021, corresponding authors from Radboud University and Radboudumc will no longer be able to publish open access in the journals of these publishers without additional costs.
Please contact the library open access team for questions about the quotum and/or alternative ways to make your publication open access. You can email us: email@example.com
License and conditions
- All Dutch universities are part of this agreement.
- Emerald will issue a maximum amount of vouchers yearly for free of charge open access: 71 in 2021, 86 in 2022 and 101 in 2023. When a yearly maximum is reached, we will communicate this here.
- A voucher can be used once for open access publishing without costs by Radboud University / Radboudumc affiliated (teaching and research staff, students employed/enrolled/otherwise accredited) corresponding authors in the hybrid and full open access journals.
- Publication types that are part of the agreement: original papers, review papers.
- Attention: a voucher is only valid for the hybrid journals that the universities subscribe to.
- Use the Open Access Journal Browser to find out if a specific journal is part of the agreement.
- If there are no vouchers left or a hybrid journal is not part of the agreement, a 10% discount can be claimed by affiliated corresponding authors on the payment of the open access fee.
How does it work?
- Use your institutional email address and select the correct institutional affiliation during submission.
- Upon submission corresponding authors are required to indicate that they want to make their article open access via a mandatory yes/no question.
- Eligible authors are identified by their institutional email address or ORCID.
- A list of the eligible institutions and more information can be found on Emerald’s Open Access Partnerships page.
- For more info, please download the flyer: 'OA Voucher Leaflet'
Open access deals and discounts.
Click on a publisher for more info:
Search for deals, discounts and policies per journal: