Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Free open access journals/platforms (per faculty)
- arXiv - Mostly (but not exclusively) for Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Quantitave Biology.
- bioRxiv - For Biology and Life sciences
- Sociologie (in Dutch) - Publishes articles on current social issues and sociological-theoretical subjects.
- Open Library of Humanities (OLH) - All journals in the Open Library of Humanities are full open access. APCs for all OLH journals are covered by a worldwide consortium of libraries, and so free of charge for authors. Radboud University is also part of the OLH.
- Necsus. European Journal of Media Studies - A multidisciplinary journal that strives to bring together the best work in the field of media studies across the humanities and social sciences.
- Internationale Neerlandistiek - Internationale Neerlandistiek aims to improve the discussion in international Dutch (including South-African) linguistics and literature, in the broadest sense, including cultural studies and the culture of the Low Countries in general.
- Taal en tongval - A journal devoted to the scientific study of language variation in the Netherlands and Flanders, in neighbouring areas and in languages related to Dutch.
- SciPost - An open access platform where three physics journals are accessible to everyone worldwide, without barriers.
- SCOAP3 - The APCs of some dozen journals in the field of high energy physics are paid by SCOAP3, not by the authors.
- Sigma - Open access platform for Mathematics. Publishing open access free of charge for authors and free access for readers.