Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrow & renew
Sign in to RUQuest via the Sign In button in the top-right corner (see tab FAQ: "loans, reservations, requests").
When logged in, you will see your name in the top right corner. When you click on My Account below your name, you will see multiple options, among which:
- Checkouts: the books you are currently borrowing.
- Requests: the items you reserved or requested from closed stacks or another library in The Netherlands.
- Fees: read about the loan period and return policy on this website.
- Saved Searches: for more info, check the A-Z-list.
- Profile: change your email address.
Your loans will be automatically renewed every 28 days to a maximum of 10 times, unless someone else has reserved the book. If someone else reserved the book, you will receive an email to let you know you have 7 days to return it. More info on borrowing on this website.
Sign in as external user
Do you just want to search in RUQuest? Then you don't need to log in. Choose Continue as guest when the login screen appears. To access digital publications for which the Radboud University has a subscription, you need to use a computer on campus. Use a guest login; you can receive one at the service desks of the library locations upon presenting a valid lender pass or identity card.
Borrow & reserve
To borrow and reserve you need a library card. More information can be found on this website.
Click at the top-right on Sign In. In the following screen, choose Log in with your personal email address (external users). Type in your e-mail address and password.
Upon first use, click the link in the e-mail you received as a new user. This way you can set up your password. Don't have that e-mail anymore? Click on Set/reset password in RUQuest and you will receive a new e-mail to set up your password.
Request & reserve
Reserve and request an item via the red Request item button.
- Click on the item you want to request from the results list.
- Click on the Request item button.
- Log in, in case you haven't already.
- I need *: you can choose Specific Copies or Volumes or make a Special Request.
If a volume of a journal is not mentioned in the list, use Special Request. In the comments box below ("Need a specific copy or volume?"), write down the year and volume of the journal.
- Pick Up Options *: select the preferred library location from the list.
PLEASE NOTE: only lendable items can be delivered to all library locations. Articles/journals and other items that say 'reference only' are only available for inspection at the library where they are located. This is despite the choices the system offers.
- I need this for specific dates (optional), You can set up the date if your reservation should start later, and when the reservation should expire. Take in account that if the item is reserved by someone else before your start date, that reservation comes first!
- Click Submit.
You get an overview of you reservations in My Account (below your name in the top right).
Request outside the Radboud University
When you want to request an article or printed book that's not at the Radboud University, you can request it via the button Request item other libraries.
More information can be found on the page Borrow from other libraries and in the ILL guide.