Mendeley Reference Manager is the new version of the reference manager that replaced Mendeley Web Library on September 07, 2020. Mendeley Desktop will continue to be available, see Mendeley Support Center
Mendeley Cite is the new citation add-in for Microsoft® Word, usable with Microsoft 365 if applicable. The new citation add-in now exists as a standalone application, which means that you can use it without having to open or even install Mendeley Reference Manager, as well being able to use it with online versions of Word.
'Mendeley Cite is now available as add-on in Microsoft 365
The current version is for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Android.
In Mendeley Desktop version 1.19.8 (2021):
- removed the "Related Documents" option from the UI
- removed the options of creating public and invite-only groups
- removed external group links
- removed external links to user profiles
- removed the "Literature Search" option from the UI
- removed the "Invite Colleagues" option from the UI
- accessing your Mendeley library after the mobile app is no longer available
In Mendeley Reference Manager 2.105.0:
You can now:
Introduced table columns resizing using dragging dividers.
Added more keyboard shortcuts for the library table.
Fixed the double-click on a reference functionality, now opening the associated reference file.
Fixed the "clear search" button functionality on MRM Desktop.