Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Importing references from other reference software
You can import references into Mendeley from EndNote, BibTeX, RIS and Zotero.
To import from EndNote, for example, open a library in EndNote and then go to:
- File > Export...
- ‘File name’: enter a name
- ‘Save as type’: XML(*xml)
- ‘Output style’: select a style
- Click Save
Then, in Mendeley, go to:
- File > Import...
- EndNote XML - EndNote v8, ...
- Select the .xml file and click Open
- The references from EndNote will be imported into Mendeley