Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mendeley can automatically import PDFs into your library as references.
- Create a folder called ‘PDFs’ in your C: or D: drive
- Save the desired PDFs to this folder
- Go to Tools > Options and select ‘Watched Folders’. The following screen will appear:
- Select the ‘PDFs’ folder
- Click Apply > OK
- Any PDFs saved in this folder will automatically appear as references in your library.
To rename PDFs with an automatically generated, recognisable name:
- Go to Tools > Options > File Organizer
- Select ‘Organize my files’
- Copy files to: each folder that you select
- Select ‘Rename document files’
- Drag the unused fields to File name or vice versa
- Click Apply > OK.