Skip to Main Content

How to get your documents: Articles

This guide offers tips for locating documents at Radboud University.

Are you searching for print or digital material in RUQuest?

If a print version of the journal in which your article is published is available, it says Open stacks (reference only) next to the location. This means you can get the journal from the shelf yourself. Journals are available only for inspection, they can not be borrowed.

This journal is accessible in open stacks in the Learning Zone at the Social Sciences Faculty. Note: printed journals are not available for loan. You can consult them locally or make photocopies of journal articles.

If you can not get the journal yourself, it says closed stacks (reference only). You can request the journal the article is published in via the button Request item.

The journal this article is published in, is in the depot ("Magazijn"). You can request it for inspection.


Click on the title of an item to view the details. If an electronic version is available at Radboud University, click on Access online.
Can't download the article?
Please get in touch! Use Ask Your Librarian or visit your nearest library.

No hits
You can choose to expand your search to libraries worldwide:

Found your desired item? You can request it:

Request outside RU
If the article is not available at the Radboud University Library but you see Held by: Libraries in the Netherlands, you can request the publication via interlibrary loan (ILL). This is not for free. You need an ILL-account for this. For more information see Request outside RU(ILL) and the tab Renew, request & reserve. Requesting an item from outside The Netherlands is often possible as well, please see the page Request outside RU(ILL). However, this might take a long time and cost a lot more; you might consider submitting a recommended purchase.