This guide is structured according to the steps of literature search. These steps are not independent from each other, and are done concurrently during your search process:
- Orientation and topic: increase your basic knowledge of the main topic and concepts.
- Publication types and databases: determine the type of publications you are looking for and databases you will use.
- Search terms: formulate the search terms.
- Search techniques: apply the techniques to combine your search terms.
- Search strategies: apply the strategies for effective searching.
- Recording search process: record the process to resume and adapt it easily.
- Evaluation and selection: determine which publications are relevant.
- Referencing: cite the used publications.