Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PubMed with incorporated animal filter (SYRCLE)
How to construct a comprehensive search strategy
- Formulate a specific research question
In animal models for Alzheimer’s Disease what is the effect of supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids on cognition and neurodegeneration?
- Determine which elements of the question will be your search components (SC)
animals, alzheimer, omega 3 fatty acids
- Make a list of search terms** for every SC containing
- MeSH term e.g. alzheimer disease[MeSH]
- synonyms e.g. alzheimer, alzheimer's, alzheimers, dementia
- Create a search string for each SC using OR between the search terms
Search string for component Alzheimer at SYRCLE website
- Perform searches with separate search strings in PubMed
- Use History (Advanced) to combine search strings with AND. Example