Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Three basic rules of data retrieval!
- Find out: which database(s) contain(s) the data?
- Determine: a) what do you want to measure (sample [companies; timeframe]) and; b) how do you measure it (variables)?
- Always add as much identifiers as possible! (see the FAQ on identifiers)
- Plan the (orientation on) data acquisition as soon as possible in your research project!
- This way you can make sure in an early phase if the data is available for your research question
FAQ - PDFs and links for each subject